Six Toes

Six Toes
What's Up?

Monday, June 27, 2011

String-cheese Love...

Six Toes has a new interest which keeps him purring.  It's not attention or pets or tuna fish.  Lately he's been a little lover-boy, always seeking my attention.  While I'm used to him curling up in my lap when I sit down to sew, he's never been a constant companion.  It frankly baffled me...the constant chirping, curling around my computer and head whenever I'm trying to work, following me everywhere (even the bathroom!).  It wasn't until I noticed how excited he got whenever I went to the fridge that I figured out what it is.

Every once in a while I buy string-cheese to snack on.  When I have a piece I generally toss a few crumbs to Buddha who loves it and my other kitty Kali.  At some point, Six Toes must have gotten a taste (probably stole it from his brother Buddha if I know him) and wanted some for himself! 

So I waited one evening until Buddha and Kali were fast asleep and went to the fridge, Six Toes following me as usual.  Once I got the cheese out and he could see what it was, he started dancing and mewing because he was so excited.  I sat down on the couch and he immediately was in my lap, letting me know he was here and wanted to share in my bounty.  So I pulled off a nice hunk and threw it down.  He wolfed it down like piece of tender fish!  Quickly he was back so I threw down another.  Again he was on it in a flash, gorging himself. 

At that point, somehow brother Buddha had awakened and came to see what all the fuss was about.  Seeing the cheese, he cried for some.  I threw him a piece which he grabbed and began to eat. 

Six Toes wasn't having that and tried to take it from him.  There was a bit of growling...their territorial "It's mine, leave me alone!" posturing.  Six Toes then came up in my lap and literally STOLE the remaining cheese in my hand, only to run off with it!  That cad!

Who knew that string-cheese could inspire love,devotion and thievery?

No comments:

Post a Comment